Previous Page
Author  Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Rellacott14
Syncro newbie

United Kingdom
8 Posts

Posted - 13/08/2013 :  19:01:39  Show Profile
Apparently the spline needs cutting down to accept the 100mm cv joints.

Is it removed off both inner and outter splines?..
Go to Top of Page

Jimi
Syncro newbie

3 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2016 :  19:32:10  Show Profile
I believe that you should not need to shorten the right (shorter) driveshaft at all. I base my statement to the results I got after measuring the distance from center line (straight line from the middle of the propshaft mount) to the driveshafts CV mounting flanges. How it seems to me is that the haldex is 24mm wider than syncro (424mm vs 400mm) but only 6mm at right and 18mm on the left side!

After understanding this I would claim that the info Vegard was telling earlier concerning the Passat G60 front driveshaft would be appropriate since it is 22mm shorter than the original after 100mm CV modification -> close enough for the 18mm needed..

These are offcourse only stuff that I have measured with normal workshop tools and not 100% accurate and havent tested yeat but will be when I get my car on road. Why I'm posting this here is 'cause I would like to know how have you done this so far and how has it worked..
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2  Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
VWSyncro.co.uk forums © vwsyncro.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05